Monday, November 11, 2013

Sri Lanka...


It's been explained to me, by fellow tourists (mostly with The Oxford English accents) that Sri Lanka is the "sterilized India."  Whatever that means.  I've not been to India, so I couldn't say.  However, Sri Lanka is quite nice compared to a lot of other up-and-coming countries, as well as some already established countries.  I'm looking at you, Oxford Man.




And the wildlife was BONKERS!!!

I held some baby turtles.  

The Professor held the Big Mama!

We ran from one of these chunky fellows.

And spent a lot of time dodging these dudes...

...while we rode around in one of these Tuc-Tucs.

Then there was this gal...Ms. Water Buffalo.


The curd we had every morning from said water buffalo.  Note the palm honey.  
And finally, the Kingfisher.  Until now, the only one I've seen has been in bottle form.  Hiccup.



6 comments:

  1. That is amazing - I'm so jealous! How are you ever going to be able come home after all this? Stay safe (and watch where you step with all those bovines!). xoxo -km

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Stabby McStabberstein!!! You would have LOVED the Oxford dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pictures brought tears to my eyes. So good to see your happy faces. I especially like the one in the "car". I want a copy. Dad and I are fine. Going to the gym twice a week, having a lot of people (this place is hoppen'). Be careful in that wild weather over there. Love you both. M & D

      Delete
    2. Hi Momma! So happy that you and Pops are becoming body builders--it's about time. We dodged a typhoon. And now we're trying to steer clear of a crocodile. Or three. Love you tons!

      Delete